No Room at the Tree

Sunday I posted on Facebook that a planned shopping trip to a local store turned out to be much more than I had anticipated. What I thought was so clearly a rhetorical question placed in a frantically typed social media post, turned out to be an invitation for many well intended and good hearted people to give advice on how I should deal with a difficult situation—a “major first”. The “first” being my first Christmas without my boy. It wasn’t … Read More

CPSC Staff Recommends to Grant Window Covering Petition.

posted in: Safety Standards | 0

CPSC Must Take Action to Protect Children Washington D.C. (October 1, 2014)—Today, Parents for Window Blind Safety, Consumer Federation of America, Kinds In Danger, Consumers Union and Independent Safety Consulting, applaud the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) staff for recommending that CPSC take effective action to protect children from the preventable strangulation hazard posed by cords on window coverings. In the briefing package released today, CPSC staff urges CPSC to grant the petition filed by consumer and safety groups in May … Read More

Gone in seconds

I lost my son Colton Shero on October 17, 2013. He was two days away from his 2nd birthday. Colton was playing in our family room playing with his 3 yr. old brother Stan. The boys had been playing in that room for their entire lives and we had done this every single day. That morning was so ordinary. I looked at my watch and realized that it was getting close to nap time and decided to go into the … Read More

In An Instant

Two weeks ago, we introduced our new awareness video, In An Instant. Now with over 17,000 views in two weeks, it has made a small impact. It was an amazing experience to take an idea from our heads and see it come alive in film. When writing this script we felt that is was important to convey that these accidents are silent, can happen at anyone’s home and can happen in seconds. We used a product that was compliant with … Read More

Cords don’t just kill, they severely injure children.

posted in: Injuries | 0

Below you will read a heartbreaking story of a little baby boy who was bright, curious, happy and most of all healthy. As always, PFWBS tells the public to Go Cordless because even with window coverings retrofitted, children can still strangle on the accessible cords. Bobby’s Story Bobby was born a very healthy baby on September 7, 2004. He had always been healthy unlike his older brother Billy who was a year older and had always had health and development … Read More

1 2 3 4 5 6 16