Product Safety Testing

We want to introduce to you one of our product safety testing engineers, John Williamson.  John has been with PFWBS for about 6 years now helping with testing in Australia and also in the United States.   John has found a tie down device in Australia that does not meet the Australian safety standards.  Keep reading for his findings and also click the YouTube video below to watch him test the product and see why it doesn’t pass the test. … Read More

Deadly Nursery Designs……

Yesterday I was online surfing the web for some girls nursery ideas to help me plan for my daughters nursery.  After viewing countless images I came across the pictures below.  Most of these were designed professionally.                     Okay, so you get my point?  Not only should we be educating parents, but also there are a lot of designers and professionals that are just as oblivious to the dangers of window covering … Read More

10 Years ago today….

10 years ago today I put my twins to bed and started working on the dishes and turning in for the night.  My oldest daughter and my husband always made it an event to check on the twins on our way to bed.  So I went in first and saw my daughter in the corner of her crib sitting.  I ran to her and saw that a cord was around her neck.  My entire life fell apart that day.  The … Read More

PFWBS AU awarded 2012 Consumer Protection Award

The government of Western Australia has awarded PFWBS AU the  Western Australian Consumer Protection 2012 Award for educating the public about window covering dangers and establishing safer standard in the Industry. PFWBS applauds John Williamson for his tireless efforts in Australia.  John has been involved with PFWBS since 2006 when we wrote  a comment on a article that was written about his granddaughter, Meesha, who was killed by a window blind cord that was improperly installed. John Williamson, middle, accepting award.   … Read More

It Happened Within Seconds

Interview with Connie Warnke (mother) “They were in their playroom. I had it in their playroom,” said the boys’ mother, Connie Warnke. Connie Warnke used a safety device — a cord wind-up — to stash away all their Miniblind cords. The point was to protect the boys from strangling. But there are complaints the device creates a loop and looks like a toy attracting children to it. Others argue it needs a warning — you have to rewind the cord … Read More

1 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 18