More Recalls on roman shades. If you have roman shades, pay attention to these recalls as you may be able to get your money back on them!
Go to www.CPSC.gov to see if your roman shades have been recalled!
Strangulation Death of a Child Prompts Recall of Roman Shades, Roll-Up Blinds, and Roller Blinds by Hanover Direct/Domestication
Expands previous recall of Roman shades. Hanover Direct/Domestication has added its name to the retailers joining the voluntary recall announced in December 2009 of ALL Roman shades and roll-up blinds.
WASHINGTON, D.C. – The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, in cooperation with the firm named below, today announced a voluntary recall of the following consumer product. Consumers should stop using recalled products immediately unless otherwise instructed. It is illegal to resell or attempt to resell a recalled consumer product.
Name of Product: Roman shades, roll-up blinds and roller blinds
Units: About 495,000 Roman shades and 28,500 roller/roll-up blinds (about 90,000 Roman shades were recalled in October 2009)
Importer: Hanover Direct Inc., (also known as Domestication, The Company Store, and Company Kids) of Weehawken, N.J.
Roman Shades: Strangulation can occur when a child places his/her neck between the exposed inner cord and the fabric on the backside of the blind or when a child pulls the cord out and wraps it around his/her neck.
Roll-up Blinds: Strangulation can occur if the lifting loops slide off the side of the blind and a child’s neck becomes entangled on the free-standing loop or if a child places his/her neck between the lifting loop and the roll-up blind material.
Roller Blinds: Strangulation can occur if the blind’s continuous loop bead chain or continuous loop pull cord is not attached to the wall or the floor with the tension device provided and a child’s neck becomes entangled in the free-standing loop.
Roman Shades: CPSC received a new report of the death of a 22-month-old boy in Cedar Falls, Iowa who was found hanging by his neck from the outer pull cords of a Roman shade in May 2010. The outer pull cords were knotted at the bottom. He was rescued by his father but died later in the hospital. In March 2008, a 2-year-old boy from Ocean View, Delaware climbed up on a toy chest to look out of a window and became entangled in the inner cords of a Roman shade. His parents removed the cord. No permanent injuries were sustained. This incident prompted a previous recall.